Sunday, December 5, 2010

PDP: Strengths and Weaknesses

According to the UNI survey and the NET Standards I discovered that my largest technological strength is my capability to develop and create technology enriched lessons that my students will enjoy. I also found that one of my technological strengths is creating graphic organizers for my students to use. Another strength I have is managing my class website. I have learned a lot in that area this semester and will feel very comfortable using that tool as a teacher. According the UNI survey and the NET Standards I realized that my largest technological weakness is my knowledge of computer terminology. I know how to do a lot of things on the computer; however, when someone tries to give me verbal instructions on how to do something on the computer I am not able to follow their direction very well. Another weakness that I have is my lack of knowledge of video conferencing. I have never used it nor do I understand its use in education.


As a teacher I would like to frequently use technology in my classroom. I feel that in the technological age we live in it is necessary to use technology in lessons to keep students engaged.I would really like to learn more computer verbage. I feel that it will improve my use of the computer as well as my ability to instruct my students while they are using the computers.
Over the course of the semester I have really learned the importance of chatting while working on an assignment on google docs. It has saved me so much time this semester!! I would like to increase my knowledge of the use of video conferencing because I believe that it will also be a time saver as I continue my education and as I become a professional teacher. 


I have an Apple computer, and at the Apple store they offer courses on learning how to use your mac. A way for me to learn more about video conferencing would be to attend one of these courses. As far as improving my knowledge of the computer language I feel that it will improve as I take more computer classes in school and as I use the computer more when i become a teacher. The best way to learn computer vocabulary is to use the computer. Another way to improve my computer vocabulary is to watch a video on youtube that reviews basic computer terminology.

No comments:

Post a Comment