Thursday, December 2, 2010

Field 4 (we discussed that I could make this up for my missing November blog)

Doc,

We discussed in class Thursday December 2nd that I could make up this blog due to my confusion on the dates of fiield. It is for my missing blog in november.

Field was a really great experience. I went into it saying that whatever experience I had was what I needed to become a better teacher, reguardless of if it was a good or bad experience. The first week of field was a little rough. Our teacher did not introduce us to the class and did not make us feel very welcome; however, as time progressed things got better. The students loved having us in the class, and really enjoyed our lessons.

I feel that over field I improved most in the area of classroom management. The first couple of days was really rough, but as we reflected on our experiences and applied what we learned to later lessons I felt a lot more in control.

I really enjoyed integrating technology into my lessons, and the students really enjoyed it. When they saw that we were going to use the laptops they were so excited. Our field teacher only does a lot of direct instruction so they enjoyed the variety of instruction while we were teaching. I also feel like we reached a variety of learning types. Over all, field was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment