Sunday, December 5, 2010

PDP: Lessons Learned

I found all of the assigned articles and videos very interesting. The first video I watched was the Millenial Generation. This video was filmed only a few years ago, and in that short time, many of the questions the student brought up had already been answered and the technology has already been developed. I can't believe how quickly technology changes and progresses.


I agree with a lot of the concerns that the article "the new www" has. I have nieces and I have watched similar things happen to then. My niece claims that she cannot get to sleep at night if she does not have an i-pod in. I am very nervous about our future as a human race with the constant need for instant gratification. I believe that technology is one of the major causes of this.


Another video I found interesting was the Did you know video on youtube. The reality of the new technology coming our way and the effects it will have on our society is overwhelming at times. I could not believe that in a little over ten years their will be a computer that is capable of thinking the way the human brain does. It makes me wonder that if Disney & Pixar were accurate in their prediction of the future in the movie "WALL-E". That eventually technology will do everything for us,  and we will only live for pleasures and forget the satisfaction that comes from a days hard work.







No comments:

Post a Comment