Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blog #4

The previous blog (#3) was a fairly difficult question, so this one will be quick and easy. Well, at least easy. AND, you get a choice! Choose ONE of the following items to answer and discuss in your blog entry #4:

Choice A) One of you found a "controversial" section of one of the readings for Blog #2. Read the 2nd paragraph on page 25 of The First Six Weeks of School and tell me what you think about that. Does it seem congruent with a "friendly" classroom, and a child-centered environment? Why or why not?

OR...

Choice B) Tell me about any part of Principal Sylvia Allan's presentation that "struck a chord" in you, (either positively or negatively), and how you think it will affect you in your teaching.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED, did I mention LOVED Sylvia's presentation. It is so hard for me to choose one thing that she said that "struck a chord" in me, simply because there were so many it would sound more like a symphony rather than a single chord. But because I have to choose....The thing that stood out most of all was her story at the end about the special feeling that was in her classroom the last day of school. It is because of that feeling she described I chose to become a teacher. I hope to create an environment in my own classroom like she described. I want my students to cry when they have to miss school because we make it so much fun. Hearing her describe how much her students loved morning meeting sold me on it even more. I know that the type of community you create in the classroom makes or breaks the year. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you recognize how you CAN build the kind of classroom community you are dreaming of! 4 points

    ReplyDelete