Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Blog #8



A: In chapter 7, Carol acknowledged that it is hard to care.  She gives several reasons.  Which reason is most validating to you, and why?  If you don't really connect to any of Carol's reasons, explain what you believe your "reason" is.
My reason that it is hard to care is for the one who stares with blank eyes. This is hard for me as a teacher because I know what work I put into my lessons, the desire and excitement I have more my students, and I understand how important it is for them to learn. When they have no expression in their eyes and show no interest in what I am putting before them it makes me think why bother? what is the point? It makes me want to give up on them.

B: Carol offers two final metaphors, what I call the "McNurlty Metaphor" and the "London Metaphor."  Which one do you connect with most, and why?



I connect more with the London Metaphor. I strongly believe that, If we allow ourselves to fall in love with what we do, we will be reborn countless times, always in a form stronger and more fully human than the one that preceded it. Life is a classroom, and in order for me to become a better teacher I need to take every moment of it in and grow and become stronger from it and apply it to make me a better teacher. 




C: Read one or two blog responses from two or three of your classmates.  Then, please give a brief message of encouragement to one of your classmates based on your reaction to their response that you read.  Leave your message of encouragement on their blog as a comment (at the end of the particular blog your are responding to).  Copy your message of encouragement and paste it into YOUR blog, telling me who you are responding to.




My Dear Heather Feather,

As I read your concerns about being able to teach your students on an individual level it kind of made me laugh.Not in a mocking you way but in an are you kidding me way. In my opinion that is one thing that you will not struggle with at all. One of your MANY AMAZING talents is to get to know someone on a personal level. You will be able to get to know all of you students and know everything that they will need. You are going to be an amazing teacher!!






Mckenzie,

You said in your post you are concerned about student's in your class who may have a difficult personality. I know that will be a hard experience but you are the right person to have that student. You are so kind to everyone and always make everyone around you feel loved and included. Though it make a little time to when over the student I know you will do it. You are going to make a great teacher!

1 comment:

  1. As I read your description of how you feel and respond to people whose eyes don't show what they're getting from you... well, I really related. That's how I felt every Tuesday morning last semester. All those feelings can build a big, thick wall. The best thing is to just not give in to those feelings. Prevent a wall, at all costs! How? with that quote that you shared, "...fall in love with what we do, [and] ... be reborn countless times." 4points

    ReplyDelete