Monday, September 20, 2010

What am I learning: Podcasts


What? 


This week in class we learned how to create a podcast, convert it to MP3 format, and put it on our class websites.


So What?


As a teacher I will use this technology to post informational podcasts on what we are studying in class or use it to explain assignments to student who miss class. As a student I don't really see myself creating podcasts, but I listen to them all of the time. As a colleague, my coworkers can get on my website an use my podcasts in their own classrooms. I think that as time progresses I will find this technology more useful right now I don't think I will use it much.


Now What? 

Because I learned the procedure of creating and converting a podcast, I will be able to pass this information onto my future students. They will be able to do projects and presentations this way. I never knew how to create a podcast so this information added a lot to my schema. I was always kind of afraid of this type of technology but I now see that it can be beneficial. This technology will help me to provide information to my students using a variety of strategies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment